CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Update

Okay, so I was going back thru all my old posts, tagging everything so it would be organized and I realized that I really suck at this posting thing. Thanks to all who have stuck by my side as I muddled my way thru the past two years.

So, best news first. Shawn has finished the semester and if all goes according to plan, he will graduate with a Bachelors in Criminal Justice next December! The end is in site!

Thanksgiving was spent a little differently. Due to scheduling difficulties on my part, we were not able to spend it together. The kids and I flew to my parents house while Shawn stayed home with his family. I forgot the camera, so as soon as I can get my parents and my sister to send me pictures I will post them. We got their a couple of days before everyone else, so the kids got some great time alone with their grandparents. Kirra has decided that she is going to marry Grandpa B because he's such a good husband to Grandma B "'cause he gives her lots of sparkles and I like sparkles."

The kids were able to meet their cousins for the first time since my older sister and her family drove up. Their oldest is Magnolia (7), Donovan (2), Juniper (9 mo.). Kirra and Magnolia hit it off right away and the only time we could get them to leave eachother alone was at bed time. Since Juniper and Collin are only two months apart, they played really well together until Juniper decided that she wanted Collin's Binky (which was usually in his mouth), then he would get mad and wander away. Poor Donovan went between the two groups. He would try to hang out with the older girls, but when they were sick of him, he would come and play with the babies.

At the first of November, our beloved dog Andrew passed away. This was really hard on us, since we had had him for so long. I bought him for Shawn for our First Anniversary, and he has been a wonderful addition to our family. He was a wonderful protector and cuddler.

Since Andy was the only dog that Kirra has had, she took his death really hard. It still makes her tear up when she talks about him dying, so now she has come up with a way to deal with his death. She has decided that he just faded away. She will tell people that her Andrew was old and he just faded away. Since we feel that it is necessary for all children to have a pet, we got another dog less than a week after his passing. THIS WAS NOT MY IDEA. I wanted to wait and greave, but Shawn and Kirra were lost without a dog.

So, meet Toby.




I found him on the KSL ads. He was with a family in American Fork, who due to health issues couldn't take care of him. He's 6 months old and 60 lbs. already. He is one of the most cuddly dogs I have ever met and he really doesn't act like a puppy (to much of the time!).

Okay, I think that's enough for this post.

No comments: