CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Meeting Santa

Saturday was my office's Kids Christmas Party. I am so lucky to work for a company who takes care of their employees the was that Founders Title does. Not only do we have the regular Christmas Party, but they make a special day with cookie decorating and treats and they have Santa and Mrs. Claus come and visit for the kids. How cool is that? Shawn decided to stay at home since we can't leave the puppy alone for too long, so my in laws met us at the office. Deb helped Kirra decorate a cookie for everyone and Steve kept Collin entertained.

10 am and Santa is here. Steve puts Kirra on his shoulders so she can see over everyone and it's Collin's turn on Santa's lap. I walk him up and hand him over and he just sits there staring at this strange man. Doesn't cry, doesn't fuss. Take the picture and he's looking happy as can be.

I take him back by the grandparents while we wait for Kirra's turn. Deb says that Kirra just sat there "Oh, look it's my Collin, look Grandma it's my Collin being so good!"

Now on to Kirra's turn, I carry her up 'cause there are so many people I don't want her to get lost, she sees Santa, she tenses up, she starts to tear up when she realizes that I am going to put her in this strange man's lap. I promise her that I am not going to just leave her there with him. I put her on his lap and have to keep my hands on her the whole time. She's trying really hard not to cry, but she wont look at him and when he asks what she wants for Christmas, she wont speak. Take the picture and she's all red faced looking ready to bolt.

Back to the Grandparents and she's back to her normal self. She said that his beard scared her. But the whole way home she chatted up what a great time she had and that Santa was really nice.

The pictures were taken with a Poloried Camera, so hopefully soon I will scan the pictures in of the kids meeting Santa.

No comments: